Sunday, October 7, 2007

The More Moving Parts... The Safer I Feel











Here are some pictures of the flight line and one of the helicopters. The engine is a horizontally opposed flat four (like the ones that are in the old beatles and like the ones that subaru uses.) However they are much bigger. They are a 5.4L engine that has 350lbs of torque and pulls 180hp @ 2700 rpm. The engine redlines around 2800 so we pretty much keep it at 2700 the whole time when we fly.
Oh and that little armadillo was outside my door last night. It was rummaging through the bushes. I thought about grabbing it but I decided to let it go.
Take care,
Cj

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gangsta Dad here....

Last Sunday afternoon, the 30th of September....I arrived in Titusville with most of Curt's stuff...

When I pulled into the Home Depot to meet Curt....the boy I knew and watched grow up....was now a man. From a distance, I could see a man. Not the little boy blue that rode his bike, and played with the cats,
but now a man...

And a man taking on a man's endeavor. On Monday, the 1st, I left for California, leaving a Man behind in Florida. Probably one of most difficult and challenging trips I personally could of asked for myself, was to leave Florida, and leave Curt and return back home.

But he is in God's hands and pursuing his dreams and goals.

I left a man behind in Florida....
My boy has grown up.

I could not be more proud.

Mason, the Guitar Philosopher said...

When you finally go up for your 1st solo, it's customary to wear something nice. I'd recommend buying yourself a nice button-down shirt... something expensive. :-)