Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I Made it!




Sorry for not updating but ive been pretty busy the last couple days. So lets catch you up! I left Lafayette on monday morning and drove down to New Iberia to check out the helicopter companies down there. Both Lafayette and New Iberia are beautiful cities. From what i could see Louisiana is a big marshland, especially close to the gulf. There were huge stretches of highway that were on bridges that spanned over the marshes/bayous. I drove through New Orleans and for the first part of it i couldn't see much damage but on the east side of the city I pased through a area roughly the same area as from herndon to shepherd and from blackstone to first. it might have been bigger than that but that is all i could see. it was completely devastated. walmarts were all boarded up and abandoned, i saw abandoned/destroyed houses and apartment buildings. it was pretty sad.
On a lighter note, the drive from lafayette across lousiana, mississippi, alabama (mobile is a beautiful city,) and florida was awesome. It reminded me of driving in oregon and washington but with more rivers and with a warmer temperature.
Downtown Jacksonville reminded me of Darling Harbour in australia. Lots of lights and pretty buildings surrounding the water. Titusville is a sleepy little town of about 30,000. Not much to do, but it is near the kennedy space center and 45 min from orlando.
I was offered a spot in the october class and i took it so i will begin training on monday. I got my first book and have been reading it. I will try to finish it this weekend. Im gonna go see the kennedy space center tomorrow so i will be sure to take some pictures for you all.
Take care.
Cj

1 comment: