Sunday, September 23, 2007

Texas is German for Endless Miles!!!!


First off I have a word of advice... NEVER stay at the Econo Lodge in Fort Stockton, TX!!!!!! NEVER!!!!! Ok now for the story. I rolled into town around 7pm and the first 5 hotels I hit were full or crazy $$$$ so when I rounded the corner and saw vacancy at the econo lodge I thought to my self, "Hey! That looks ok. Ill stay there tonight." The first thing I notice is a man wearing a cowboy hat standing in the planters. It kinda took me off guard until I realized that it was just a statue, like the ones at bad buds. Then I get to the room.... It smelled like rotten pine sol (if that is possible,) there were little black bugs on the wall, and to top it off, I found a syringe sitting on top of the vanity lights in the bathroom. And guess what, I stayed anyway! Yeah yeah I know, I should have just gotten my money back and found a different one but by the time I saw the syringe it was 10pm and i was already unpacked. I slept on top of the bed comforter and used my own blanket. I didn't even want to guess what was on the bed sheets. I woke up at 515am on my own and decided to get the heck out of there.
I drove all day, saw some cool stuff, saw lots of open land, discovered that Houston is a pretty city and that Louisiana reminds me of Australia. BTW Cajun food is amazing!!!!! I had this for dinner Catfish Catahoula: Fresh filet, stuffed with shrimp, crawfish & crab. Baked & served in crawfish & Tasso cream sauce. Served with dirty rice and corn macque choux.
It was amazing! Well Im tired. Got a long drive tomorrow.
cj

2 comments:

Mason, the Guitar Philosopher said...

Dude! Sleeping in dingy hotels, bumming around scuzzy little towns, dropping your standards as far as where you're willing to spend the night after a hard day's travel....

You're already starting to live like a pilot. :-)

Anonymous said...

Pilots makes, what, 300K a year?